I came home to water running… what should I do?rudtek
- Immediately turn off the water with the main shut off or call a plumber to turn it off.
- Have a professional plumber repair the leak.
- Call a UpRight Water Restoration immediately to clean up the water and dry your home.
- Delaying by even a few hours always increases the cost and the possibility for mold growth. Professional emergency providers respond anytime, any day.
- The IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification) writes the Standards for Professional Water Mitigation services that professional water mitigation companies are required to follow, and the IICRC Standards are recognized by the insurance industry. The IICRC lists professionals at iicrc.org, Locate a Certified Pro tab, fill in the data boxes towards the bottom of the page, and call one of the professionals in your area.
- You do not have to use your insurance company’s “preferred” service provider. You have the right to select your own company. If your insurance policy covers the event that caused the water damage, the insurer must pay reasonable costs for professional water removal and drying services.
- File an insurance claim if you so choose. Ask your mitigation professional to be present when the insurance adjuster assesses the damage. Having a professional there to answer any questions can help ensure a fair settlement amount.